Development and Mangement of Research Projects (EMF)
The training course offered for the Development and Management of Research Projects (EMF) is a cooperative project between the University of Kassel and Philipps-Universität Marburg designed for postdocs of all faculties and disciplines who would like to apply for a research project with third-party funding in the near future.
The intended outcome of the training programme is to acquire the knowledge and skills needed for applying for and managing academic research projects with third-party funding and for honing your own academic profile.
You will acquire knowledge and skills necessary for financing your own research, for managing and leading your own research projects and you will receive professional feedback on your own application for a project with third-party funding.
As a participant of the programme, you will benefit in a number of ways:
- You will have a “trial run” at applying for third-party funding for a project and will receive expert feedback.
- Thanks to the cooperation between the University of Kassel and Philipps-Universität Marburg, participants may attend courses at both universities. Mandatory courses are offered in Kassel and in Marburg, so two different slots are always available. The content of compulsory elective courses varies between the two universities, meaning that there is a good spread of courses to choose from.
- Selection of elective courses is flexible. Some of the workshops are held in English.
- The teaching units complement each other.
- A final certificate will attest that you have acquired key competences for applying for and managing (academic) projects with third-party funding.
- You will have the opportunity to network with postdocs from other faculties and universities.
- If you are a postdoc at Philipps-Universität Marburg, you will have direct access to the programme. Please use the contact details below.
- If you are a postdoc at Justus Liebig University Giessen or the University of Applied Sciences THM, you can apply for associate membership of MArburg University Research Academy (MARA). Associate membership will grant you reduced (internal) course fees in the programme. Please use the contact details below.
If you have questions about the programme or wish to apply for associate membership of MARA, please contact Dr. Christine Berger, Coordinator of the Postdoctoral Programme at MARA (E-Mail).
You can find further information on the MARA website.