- Creating Innovations
- You have hit on an idea that could turn into a business model?
- You see the potential in your research results to develop a patent?
- Your research findings are meant not only to reach scientific circles, but also to have an impact on society?
Here you will find information about support services and advice available to you for further developing your innovation.
Contact the RCCH universities for all your questions relating to your ideas and to turning them into an innovative business at these addresses:
Division for the Transfer of Knowledge and Technology
Phone: +49(0)641 99-12140
Dr. Claudia Nitsch
Administration Unit I: Structural Development and Research
Phone: +49(0)6421 28-26001
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen
Dr. Joachim Bille
Division for Research, Transfer and Early-Career Researchers
Phone: +49(0)641 309-1350
- Validation and Funding
Is your idea ready to be utilised? The aim of the validation phase is to find this out. You examine, prove, and evaluate the innovation potential of your research results and explore possible fields of application for your idea.
- TransMIT GmbH (company for technology transfer; website in German) offers support with innovation counselling and evaluates your ideas regarding their patentability and commercial viability. TransMIT GmbH was founded in 1996 as a joint project of the universities in Central Hessen, the financial institutions Volksbank and Sparkasse alongside the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Giessen-Friedberg.
- „Validierung des technologischen und gesellschaftlichen Innovationspotenzials wissenschaftlicher Forschung (VIP+)“ (validation of the technological and social innovation potential of scientific research VIP+; website in German) run by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) offers funding to help you test and evaluate your ideas for their practical viability. Research and development work for testing your ideas for their feasibility, pilot applications and/or test series for their principle suitability, may be funded by VIP+ for up to three years and with up to EUR 1.5 m.
- „EXIST” Transfer of Research, run by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, offers funding for development work to verify the technical feasibility of research-based ideas for a start-up business.
- Innovationsförderung Hessen (Innovation funding, Hessen; website in German) advises and supports technological research and development projects in the fields of biotech and medicine, IT and software, production and materials, environment and energy, transport and logistics, controlling.
- Innovations now emerging or having recently emerged from ERC-funded projects and which are in the early stages of pre-competitive development may benefit from the “ERC Proof of Concept Funding”
- TechnologieTransferNetzwerk-Hessen (technology transfer network Hessen, website in German) of Hessen Trade and Invest finds and connects scientific institutions primarily with small and medium-sized businesses in industry or crafts and trades. If you have questions about funding and promotion or on how to find suitable partners, contact the Hessen Trade and Invest staff.
- The independent Science4Life e.V. initiative (website in German), initiated and sponsored by the Government of the Federal State of Hessen and the biopharmaceutical company, Sanofi, offers free advice, support and further training to young entrepreneurs throughout Germany in the fields of the life sciences, chemistry and energy. Science4Life e.V. also awards the Science4Life Venture Cup in the largest business plan competition in these fields in Germany.
- Protect Your Ideas
You want to market your invention as a new product idea? Protect your innovative idea by having it patented.
The patent consultation and exploitation agency (website in German) jointly run by Justus Liebig University Giessen, Philipps-Universität Marburg and Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences supports members of the three universities with respect to patent protection for their inventions and to marketing these inventions. The patent and marketing agency for the RCCH universities is integrated into the TransMIT Society for Technology Transfer (website in German).
Members of the universities can find information about patents and legal protection here:
- Justus Liebig University Giessen
- Philipps-Universität Marburg
- Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences