Validation and Funding
Is your idea ready to be utilised? The aim of the validation phase is to find this out. You examine, prove, and evaluate the innovation potential of your research results and explore possible fields of application for your idea.
- TransMIT GmbH (company for technology transfer; website in German) offers support with innovation counselling and evaluates your ideas regarding their patentability and commercial viability. TransMIT GmbH was founded in 1996 as a joint project of the universities in Central Hessen, the financial institutions Volksbank and Sparkasse alongside the Chamber of Industry and Commerce Giessen-Friedberg.
- „Validierung des technologischen und gesellschaftlichen Innovationspotenzials wissenschaftlicher Forschung (VIP+)“ (validation of the technological and social innovation potential of scientific research VIP+; website in German) run by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) offers funding to help you test and evaluate your ideas for their practical viability. Research and development work for testing your ideas for their feasibility, pilot applications and/or test series for their principle suitability, may be funded by VIP+ for up to three years and with up to EUR 1.5 m.
- „EXIST” Transfer of Research, run by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, offers funding for development work to verify the technical feasibility of research-based ideas for a start-up business.
- Innovationsförderung Hessen (Innovation funding, Hessen; website in German) advises and supports technological research and development projects in the fields of biotech and medicine, IT and software, production and materials, environment and energy, transport and logistics, controlling.
- Innovations now emerging or having recently emerged from ERC-funded projects and which are in the early stages of pre-competitive development may benefit from the “ERC Proof of Concept Funding”
- TechnologieTransferNetzwerk-Hessen (technology transfer network Hessen, website in German) of Hessen Trade and Invest finds and connects scientific institutions primarily with small and medium-sized businesses in industry or crafts and trades. If you have questions about funding and promotion or on how to find suitable partners, contact the Hessen Trade and Invest staff.
- The independent Science4Life e.V. initiative (website in German), initiated and sponsored by the Government of the Federal State of Hessen and the biopharmaceutical company, Sanofi, offers free advice, support and further training to young entrepreneurs throughout Germany in the fields of the life sciences, chemistry and energy. Science4Life e.V. also awards the Science4Life Venture Cup in the largest business plan competition in these fields in Germany.