Explore new ways in your research with the new funding instrument "experimentation spaces"
Would you like to build new collaborations or explore new cooperation formats? Do you want to break new ground in your research and try out unconventional methods? The Research Campus of Central Hessen now offers you experimentation spaces in the form of financial support so that you can break unfamiliar ground in your research and try out new methods and ideas.
The application process is uncomplicated and fast:
- You can submit applications at any time - there are no submission deadlines.
- Within four weeks of submitting your application, you will receive feedback from us on your application - and if it is positive, you can start immediately.
- Submit your application to the FCMH Management Office (e-mail) and use the application form. Each application is reviewed by one non-specialist and one specialist member of the Research Council of the Research Council of the FCMH. The Board of Directors then decides on the allocation of funds.
- All applications will be measured against the following criteria:
- Fulfillment of the funding requirements described below
- Quality, creativity and innovative strength of the project.
What requirements do you have to fulfil for funding?
- From the postdoc level onwards, you are eligible to apply for funding independently. Doctoral students can be included in project teams if the applicants are at least postdocs.
- Your project involves researchers from at least two universities of the Research Campus of Central Hessen. Applicants have to be employed by their FCMH home universities until the completion of their requested funding period. You can also include external partners in the project team, but they will not receive direct financial support.
- As the main applicant, you belong to a department and/or research centre of one of the three FCMH universities.
- You plan to produce a visible output from the project, for example an innovative event format, a joint publication or another joint science communication format such as audio and video material.
Type, duration and scope of funding
- You can apply for material, travel and/or personnel funding.
- Funding is provided for a maximum period of one year.
- Funding totalling 200,000 euros is available annually (individual projects are generally funded up to approx. 30,000 per year).
- Be inspired and try out new approaches, e.g.:
- Establish or expand a new collaborative consortium on a research topic.
- Try out novel research approaches.
- Conduct proof of concept studies or feasibility studies to initiate proposal readiness for new and/or transdisciplinary funding formats.
- Learn new research methods or how to use new equipment.
- Get to know laboratories of new partners.