Career Development Programme for Postdocs
The Career Development Programme for Postdocs under the umbrella of the RCCH is a cooperative programme offered by the Giessen Graduate Centre for Social Sciences, Business, Economics and Law (GGS), the International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL) and MArburg Research Academy (MARA) specifically designed for postdocs in the qualification and decision phase.
The aim is to support postdoctoral candidates in finding the right career path and to further support them on their way to a professorship and prepare them for their future leadership responsibilities.
You will benefit in a number of ways from participating in the programme:
- By taking part in the courses on offer you will improve those skills which are indispensable to gaining a professorship and are useful for creating and maintaining a productive environment for your academic team and/or your employment outside academia. You will further develop your leadership skills and you be well prepared for your career goal inside or outside of academia.
- You will receive certification of the courses you have taken stating the competence areas. This documentation will be useful when you apply for a position.
- The programme will offer you the chance to meet postdocs from the three Central Hessian universities and help you cultivate intra- and inter-university networking with colleagues.
- You are a postdoc at Justus Liebig University Giessen?
Please contact Dr. Kerstin Lundström, Managing Director at the GGS (E-Mail).
- You are a postdoc at Philipps-Universität Marburg?
Please contact Dr. Christine Berger, Coordinator of the postdoctoral programme at MARA (E-mail).
- You are a postdoc at the University of Applied Sciences THM?
Please contact Dr. Joachim Bille, Head of the Department of Research, Transfer and Early-Career Researcher (E-Mail).
These are the workshops and courses that will help postdocs on their way to a professorship. The programme differentiates between the “decision phase” and the “qualification phase,” i.e., the path to a professorship, with workshops designed for each stage.
Courses in the decision phase
- Strategic career planning
- Personnel selection and leadership
- Financing and funding
Courses in the qualification phase
- Supervision of doctoral candidates
- Training for a professorial appointment
- Establishing and managing a professorship
Upcoming programme of courses:
Courses in the second half of 2018 take place in Giessen. You will find the course overview here.
Courses in the first half of 2019 take place in Marburg. You will find the course overview here.